4. Corporate Law
School of Law
New York University
- B.S. Magna Cum Laude
Searls Shleymovich, PLLC
347 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10016
Eve Searls is the managing partner of the Litigation and Bankruptcy practices. She has over seven years of experience serving clients in adversarial as well as advisory settings, including bankruptcy, litigation, corporate and contractual matters.
Ms. Searls practiced law with major international law firms such as Thelen Reid Brown Raysman & Steiner LLP and Lovells LLP.
In the course of her career Ms. Searls has advised and represented major financial institutions and international companies, local businesses, corporate principals, commercial landlords, creditors’ committees and trustees, as well as individual debtors and creditors in a variety of litigious and business transactions, including the following:
- Commercial litigation: contract and property disputes; corporate disputes; fraud/breach of fiduciary duty.
- Commercial bankruptcy: representation of debtors and creditors in bankruptcy proceedings including liquidations under Chapter 7, reorganizations under Chapter 11 and out of court work outs.
- General business law including entity formation and dissolution, joint venture and partnership agreements, commercial contracts and agreements.
- Industry specific litigation: construction, property management, TLC, commercial leases, medical, dental and physical therapy practice related adversarial matters.
- Real estate and property disputes.
Ms. Searls frequently lectures in universities and conducts seminars for Fortune 500 companies. Ms. Searls is also a co-author of multiple articles published in New York Law Journal, including: Reorganization Plans: A Formula for Setting Cram Down Interest Rates and Bankruptcy Filing By Solvent Tenant Finance.